We are nearing the end of our series Meaning on the book of Ecclesiastes. Since this book is in many ways a look at someone’s life through their journal, we are talking about facing death and the end of your life. What is interesting about Ecclesiastes 11:1 – 12:8 is not that the writer of Ecclesiastes talks about death, lots of people think about it and talk about it in our culture. It is that he comes at it from the angle of handling uncertainty in life.
Here’s what I mean:
- If life is uncertain and you and I have very little control over anything, how do you handle that?
- If you can’t control what others do, only how you respond, how does that change how you look at being sinned against?
- If life could end at any time, how do you live life to the fullest?
Those are just a few of the things we are talking about this week.
Also, if you haven’t already, mark your calendars for Easter weekend at Revolution:
- On March 29th we will be celebrating Good Friday by doing the Stations of the Cross. This is an incredibly powerful time as we come face to face with God’s love seen in the cross of Jesus.
- On March 31st we will be celebrating our first Easter Sunday and kicking off a brand new series called Jesus Changes Everything on the book of John. Make plans to be there and who you will bring to these 2 incredible times (you never know when a simple invite will make an eternal difference).
Lots of great things happening at Revolution Church right now. I’ll see you this Sunday.
Remember, we meet at 8300 E. Speedway Blvd. at 10am.