On a regular basis, I like to email our leaders at Revolution and remind them of where we were last month, last year or 5 years ago. For me, seeing where I’ve come from, where our church has come from, helps me to rely on God but also celebrate his grace towards us.
With that, here are some celebrations at Revolution in 2013:
- 20 people were baptized this year, many of them new Christians. This is the most we’ve ever baptized in one year.
- Our average attendance grew by 21% in 2013, from just under 200 to a little over 250. Each of those numbers represents a story and a person that is impacted by the good news of Jesus.
- Planet Rev has grown by 25% in the last 3 months under the leadership of Jennifer Ingram, Cat Hibble and Rachel Redman. I love the passion these women bring to this important ministry. Since the start of Revolution, our kids attendance has made up over 30% of Revolution Church.
- Mike DeAlto leading Rev Up. Mike is young (although he’s the same age Paul and I were when we started working in student ministry) and is on his way to becoming the leader God has called him to be.
- Jason Wood started providing leadership to our Missional Communities and the impact he has made is already obvious.
- We had 10 newcomer’s lunches with an average attendance of 14 adults.
- We have 75% of the finances we need to launch our second Revolution Church (not sure on the location yet). From day 1 of Revolution, our dream has been to plant churches around the city and we are closer than ever to realizing this dream.
- We preached through Ecclesiastes and the gospel of John. This is the first time we went through an entire gospel and it was stretching for me and our church to look at Jesus so in such depth.
- We helped to plant Central Church in Midtown. So excited to see how God continues to use Dave Goffeney and his team.
- Over $5,000 was given to our Christmas offering and over 100 pajamas were given to Magee Middle School to give to kids in foster homes in Tucson. I love the generous heart of our church.
- We had 20 people take the 90 day giving challenge and take the first step in trusting God with their finances and letting go of control in an important area.
Things to anticipate in 2014:
- We are doing our first woman series called Beautiful and our first man series called Fight. This is the first time we’ve ever done anything like this and I think it will challenge the men and women in our church to be who God created them to be.
- Rev Up participating in a summer camp. The impact that happens in a student’s life when they go to camp is enormous. Lives, futures and destinies are changed by going away and hearing from God. I’m so excited that Mike DeAlto is doing this.
- Adding a second service. As we continue to grow, this will become more of a reality and open up space for more guests and give people options of attendance on Sunday morning. I had a mentor tell me: the more options you give people, the more people opt in.
- Hiring a full-time children’s pastor. I’m not sure when this will happen, but we are getting closer and closer to this reality and need. Our families need someone dedicated to this ministry on a full-time basis.
- Adding at least 5 more missional communities. We need more space for the people God is sending to us.
[Thanks to Luke Simmons for the Image & idea for this blog]