I’m at the leadership summit with the team from Revolution Church. This is by far the best leadership conference of the year. This is my 13th summit and every year, God stretches me and challenges me. So much wisdom and inspiration wrapped up into two days. I always blog my notes, so if you can’t attend or missed something, I’ve got you covered.
Here are some takeaways from session 2 with Melinda Gates:
- Have a vision and need that drives your life.
- Your values drive your life, family and work. You must be willing to make hard choices to have values lived out.
- A leader must lead with the awareness that you are spending and giving away someone else’s money and that comes with great responsibility.
- A great leader is a constant learner, not someone with all the wisdom and knowledge.
- Everyone needs to think through what they can give away.
- Sometimes leadership & success is being in the right place at the right time and luck.
I’ve really appreciated all the talk at this year’s summit on passion, values and legacy. It has been on my mind a lot recently and God has really been confirming that in this conference.