I’m at the leadership summit with the team from Revolution Church. This is by far the best leadership conference of the year. This is my 14th summit and every year, God stretches me and challenges me. So much wisdom and inspiration wrapped up into two days. I always blog my notes, so if you can’t attend or missed something, I’ve got you covered.
Here are some takeaways from the second session with Marcus Lemonis, from CNBC’s The Profit:
- Leadership is about reinventing yourself.
- Sometimes we need a fresh start.
- We can’t run from what we’re running from, those things always follow us.
- Business is about vulnerability.
- Business is about making connections.
- Success is based on your ability to be vulnerable.
- The most important thing in life is to be vulnerable and transparent.
- Vulnerability is very difficult to unleash.
- It is the leaders responsibility to be stewards of your people.
- It is the duty of the leader to make them successful.
- Leadership is about taking a chance on yourself first, and then putting yourself in harm’s way.