I’m at the leadership summit with the team from Revolution Church. This is by far the best leadership conference of the year. This is my 14th summit and every year, God stretches me and challenges me. So much wisdom and inspiration wrapped up into two days. I always blog my notes, so if you can’t attend or missed something, I’ve got you covered.
Here are some takeaways from the fourth session with Fredrik Haren, creativity expert and author of The Idea Book:
- There is no correlation between creativity and creative confidence.
- The #1 thing a leader must do is make the people around them more creative.
- Creativity is when a person takes knowledge and information and combines it in a new way.
- Just because people don’t see your creativity or worthwhile, doesn’t mean that it is not creative or worthwhile.
- Creativity has never been more important than it is now.
- Idea perception is the ability to see that the world has changed.
- What if leaders took the challenge of making their people more creative?
- You become creative by doing more creative things as a leader.