The goal of this blog is to write about leadership, preaching, theology and how it relates to life and following Jesus. You will find book reviews, thoughts on marriage, sex, and parenting, things I come across in sermon prep, things related to my family or Revolution Church and some random things that just happen.
Who Reads My Blog
While most of the content is driven to leaders, pastors and their wives, people from all walks of life follow this blog. My goal is to write a blog about the things I am passionate about and through my journey as a leader and follower of Jesus, to help you in your journey.
I typically blog 4 – 5 times a week. To make sure you don’t miss the most recent posts, be sure to subscribe here and follow the instructions based on your preference.
I am writing to launch a good discussion. I think everyone learns more when ideas can be processed, wrestled with, and pushed on. Please jump in and comment on the content here. If you agree, encourage me and say so. If you disagree, push back. If you’re not sure, share your thoughts or ask a question. Please do so respectfully and thoughtfully, as I do reserve the right to delete comments that I think “cross the line.”
My Top Posts
If you are new to the site, you might want to start with my most popular posts. Here are my top posts in each category:
- How I Structure my Week
- Slowing Down as a Leader
- What Do People Feel From You as a Leader
- Hopelessness in Leadership
- How a Wife Handles Her Husband’s Sexual Addiction
- The One Thing Destroying Your Marriage That You Don’t Realize
- 7 Reasons You Aren’t Communicating with your Spouse
- 7 Ways to Fight Well in Your Marriage
- You’re One Choice Away from Wrecking Your Life
- Is Love a Choice or a Feeling
- Women, It Matters Who You Marry
- Men, Your Son-in-Law Determines Your Legacy
- Being a Pastor’s Wife
- The Sins of a Pastor
- The Weight of Pastoring
- The Joy of Pastoring
- When a Staff Member or Volunteer says, “I’m Done”
- When Pastoring is Hard (And 3 Ways to Survive)
- My Journey of Losing Weight
- I Can’t Sleep
- Thoughts on Pastors Making it to the End
- Thoughts on Burnout, Sleep, Adrenalin, Sex, and Eating
- Planning a Preaching Calendar
- Someone Pays the Price
- The “Other” Celebrity Pastor
- Don’t Start Your Sermon with “You’re a Sinner”
- How to Preach
I have a B.S. in Pastoral Leadership from Lancaster Bible College and an M.Div. in Organizational/Missional Leadership from Biblical Seminary. In addition to writing here, some of my writing also appears at The Resurgence and Church Leaders.
I am a passionate Steelers fan and I read like it is going out of style (secretly I always wish I would have bought stock in Amazon because I keep them in business). If you’d like to see what I’m reading now or just got done reading, go here.
I am a Starbucks addict, which is where you can find me most of the time either reading or having a meeting, my current fav is a Grande Skinny Caramel Macchiato w/ Whip (the skinny & whip cancel each other out).
If you ever want to do something nice for me, a gift card to Starbucks or Amazon will be just fine.
My Contact Information
Everything here is my personal opinion and nothing more. It is not approved by someone before appearing.