- Last night at Revolution was one of the most spiritually intense nights I’ve had in terms of preaching in a long time
- I was reminded last night how preaching is spiritual warfare
- We are going through the Old Testament this summer and last night we did the book of Exodus
- I preached on how to find freedom from sin, addiction, pain, abuse, the hurt we carry around
- It was the longest sermon I’ve preached in a long time and afterward saw a number of people on their knees confessing sin, getting prayed for
- It was incredibly powerful
- I love sharing my journey and what the gospel has done to bring me freedom
- For more on that journey, check out this sermon
- If you missed last night, you can listen to it here
- Last night was also crazy because we had our highest attendance ever
- It is crazy to think that 3 years ago there were less than 20 of us with a dream and a lot of prayer and hard work, and now we are a church of almost 300
- It’s humbling to see how God continues to work and how he uses us
- Found out this week that we have more kids signed up for day camp than we had last year
- If you haven’t signed up yet, go here
- This is a great opportunity for us to serve our community and to invite families to be a part of Revolution
- We have almost raised all the money we need for our adoption
- Less than $5,000 to raise
- Go here to find out how you can help and donate
- We are having our next baptism on July 2nd
- That night, we are going to do 1 service at 4:15 with a picnic and baptism afterward
- It is going to be an awesome night, definitely want to invite someone that night as we will be preaching through the book of Hosea and looking at how God relentless pursues us with his grace
- So excited for that night
- If you want to get baptized, email Chuck Tommervik
- Got to have coffee this past week with a guy that became a Christian recently at Revolution
- I love the questions and energy that new Christians have, they’re just huge sponges
- Just got this book to review on my blog and so far, it is awesome
- It is definitely tracking with what we as leaders have been learning over the last year and where Revolution is headed
- Can’t wait for September to get here for us to unveil the next chapters in the life of Revolution and how God is going to use as a movement of churches around the city
- Time to sign off
- Tonight is homemade pizza and family movie night
- If you brought someone with you last night to Revolution, invite them back next week
- A personal invite goes a long way
- And if you thought last night was powerful, next week is going to be awesome
- We’re looking at the life of Joshua and how to have freedom from fear, one of the most paralyzing things in many lives
- You don’t want to miss it!
We’ve been talking about our Christmas Offering for the last few weeks, but it starts next week.
Are you ready? Have you prayed and decided what you will give to it? This is a great opportunity for us to look at Christmas differently and help to move the gospel forward in our city!
Our goal this year is to raise $6,000 and we will give away 100% of that money to bless those around our city and to move the gospel forward in Tucson and beyond.
The Christmas offering is to challenge our generosity in a season of materialism. Our challenge is to give to the Christmas offering above and beyond what we normally give back to God. We’ve been talking with our kids about buying less gifts to give to the Christmas offering and how the gospel affects our view of the Christmas season.
I pray that this will be a time that challenges what our culture says we should do in December and that the gospel will infiltrate this area of our lives and we see how God can use our resources for more than just buying more ties that we don’t wear.
To give to the Christmas offering, simply write Christmas on your check memo or on your giving envelope on a Saturday night. Let’s make a difference this holiday season for the kingdom of God here in Tucson.
- What a night
- What a week
- This week was our first ever day camp and it was a huge hit
- God did so many things this week
- One of the coolest things was almost 50% of the kids at day camp didn’t attend church
- Love that
- Jennifer and her team did an amazing job
- Once again, I am blown away by our volunteers and how hard everyone works to make things at Revolution great
- So many people put in so many hours to make day camp, the move and our first night come off without a hitch and it was done with excellence
- Way to go!
- Tonight was our first night at our new location and it was buzzing
- I realized something about an hour before the service: we had more people setting up tonight than we had total at a preview service 2 years ago on this same weekend
- Crazy how God has worked in the last 2 years
- Blown away this week by how much Satan tried to stop us and prevent this week from happening
- Everything that could have gone wrong seemed to go wrong and then right when the service was starting the wind picked up and our first major monsoon storm started
- I was reminded again and again this week that God is more powerful and that when Satan is working his hardest, you are on the right path
- We kicked off our brand new series The Perfect Kid
- We did our first (and we’ll see if it is the last) cover country song
- I will admit, it fit the night really well and people seemed to like it
- But…it is country music and we know where that came from
- I talked about our view of parenting, goals and priorities and how that affects us as parents
- Whether we realize it or not, we parent with goals (even if we have never articulated them)
- What most parents don’t realize is how much impact they have on their kids and how much their choices as parents have on their kids
- I think this series is going to be eye opening for a lot of people
- I know the prep I’ve done over the last few months has changed a lot of mine and Katie’s thinking about parenting
- If you missed tonight, you can listen to it here
- When we walked out of church there was a huge rainbow in the sky
- What a cool reminder
- Don’t forget, Rev uP starts back up this Friday
- If you have a junior high or high school student, let them know
- After a crazy week, I’m ready for a normal week this week
- Oh wait, Ava starts school this week
- I can’t believe that Ava starts school on Monday, how do we have a 5 year old?
- We went to see her school, meet her teacher (who attends our church), and I think I am more nervous than Ava or Katie
- I will be a wreck on Monday
- We are having our next baptism on July 31st, you would like to get baptized just email Christe LePeau
- If you have some questions read this
- One thing that excites me is the Steelers training camp is right around the corner
- Football season cannot come soon enough
- Right now, I am more and more excited about Revolution and our future
- Can’t wait to see what God has in store for us
This Saturday is going to be awesome at Revolution, and it is just the beginning.
We are wrapping up our Unstoppable series. After a month off from preaching I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am to be preaching again this weekend. We will be looking at one of the reasons God does not use us and how we can so easily miss God working in our world. At the end of the day, we will get into how to live a life of passion and adventure, the life of faith Jesus dreams for us.
We will also be having a time of prayer for our day camp which kicks off on July 12th, just 5 days from now!
The close of this series will be a great wrap up as well to our last week before moving. On July 17th, not only are we kicking off our next big day with a series called The Perfect Kid, but we will be meeting in our new location!
I was not kidding when I said the next few weeks were going to be amazing at Revolution.
So, do whatever you have to do to get to Revolution this Saturday night (and don’t forget to bring a friend with you)! To use an e-vite, just go here. And come expecting to see God move and do something huge in our lives.
Remember, we meet at 5pm at 410 S. Pantano Rd (for the last time).
See you then.
- Tonight was a great night and also a reminder of what God is about to do at Revolution but also where we’ve come
- First, tonight
- AJ did a great job of leading worship tonight and giving Paul a night off
- Love that we are developing capable leaders in all areas of our church
- We had so many first time guests tonight
- And on a holiday weekend
- Again tonight we had someone come for the first time that was driving by tonight and saw the signs
- That always blows me away
- Love how God is working in people’s lives and that he trusts us with people
- I am loving this series
- I love the content, the way it is challenging our church and that our church is getting to know some great authors and speakers because of this series
- But, I am so ready to get back up and preach next week
- Tonight we used a talk from Tim Keller from his great book The Prodigal God
- Love the perspective he shared on Luke 15
- So refreshing and challening
- Unfortunately, due to copyright, we are not able to put it on the podcast
- You can go here to learn more about the talk
- If you would like to get sermons from Tim Keller, check out Steve McCoy’s blog here
- I was reminded tonight of how far we have come
- Being a holiday weekend, many of our leaders and staff were on vacation and so people stepped in to do things they don’t normally do
- I told Katie it felt like when we were starting when everyone pitched in to get things done because they needed to get done
- So glad that we don’t live that way right now as a church
- We are blessed with the world’s best volunteers
- I have been reading this book over the weekend and it is great
- Definitely seeing some things we need to improve on at Revolution
- The next 2 weeks are going to be crazy at Revolution
- Not only are we moving in less than 2 weeks
- But our day camp is happening next week
- So excited about the move and what God is going to do in our new location
- In our first night in our new location, we are kicking off a brand new series called The Perfect Kid
- This is going to be one of the coolest series we have ever done
- I can’t begin to tell you how excited I am about this series and what we will be covering in it
- I don’t know if you have been watching, but the World Cup has been amazing
- Kind of sad it is almost over
- Right now I am hoping for a Netherlands vs. Germany final
- Definitely the best possible match-up left
- If you aren’t already, be sure to stay up to date on our adoption
- Spent the week finishing up the study guide for our Ultimate Fighter series we are doing in August on 2 Timothy
- Really excited about it
- Almost done with the application process for Acts 29
- I think this is going to be a great step for our church
- Ready for a day of hanging by the pool with family and friends tomorrow, definitely need that
- I am planning to take a 16 mile run tom0rrow
- Really excited about that
- I really am
- I know that ministry is filled with highs and lows, but right now I am more excited about Revolution than I have ever been
- We are on the brink of God doing some unbelievable things
- Be praying for our church and come expecting God to do some great things in our community and through us
- I really believe we are on the verge of something
- I’m signing off
- Gonna lay on the couch with Katie and watch From Paris with Love
Over the last few months, we have seen God grow us in incredible ways. We have seen more people start following Jesus and get baptized in that time than ever in our church. We have seen all our ministries (Planet Rev and Rev Up) grow at incredible rates. Right now, 1/3 of our church are in those ministries(infants through 12 grade).
A few months ago, we were approached by 22nd St. Baptist Church about the possibility of moving there to meet as a church. As we talked with them, prayed about it as leaders, weighed the options, all signs pointed that we needed to move.
The facility is larger (especially for kids and students), we are good friends with the leaders, and it is cheaper (almost half as much as we are paying in rent right now).
Mt. View (where we currently meet) has been an incredible ministry partner for us. Pastor David and his team have been gracious and incredibly kingdom minded and helpful. Our church would have had a very difficult time getting off the ground without them. I cannot say enough how grateful I am for them.
The decision boiled down to being able to have a larger space. One of the things I talked about tonight has been our desire to be prepared for what God wants to do. That God sends people to churches who are ready for them and God uses people who are ready to be used. While we could grow a little more at Mt. View, to fully get to where we believe God wants us, we need to have more space.
One of our philosophies has been to think and act like we are twice our size. Right now, that means we need to think and act like we are a church of 250 – 300. You need to think that way so you can get there.