Thanks for checking out my blog. My goal is to help you stop settling in your life, leadership and marriage. I love to help people take their next steps and become the people that God has called and created them to be.
I am the Lead Pastor of Revolution Church in Tucson, AZ. I am the area lead for Acts 29 in Arizona, speak at a variety of conferences on church planting, leadership and marriage, and I have the opportunity to coach pastors and church plants, and my first book, Breathing Room: Stressing Less & Living More, came out in October, 2015.
The goal of this blog is to help you take your next step in leadership & life. You will find posts about healthy leadership because without healthy leadership, everything falls apart. To have a healthy lifestyle, a healthy marriage & family, and a healthy church, you need to have healthy leaders. For anything to improve in those arenas, leaders must be healthy and at the top of their game. You will find posts that help you to excel in those arenas while doing it at a sustainable pace to finish the leadership race you are in well.
Who Reads My Blog
While most of the content is written to leaders, pastors and their wives, people from all walks of life follow this blog. My goal is to write a blog about the things I am passionate about and through my life as a leader and follower of Jesus, to help you become all that you are called to be.
I typically blog 2 times a week. To make sure you don’t miss the most recent posts, be sure to subscribe here and follow the instructions based on your preference.
I am writing to launch a good discussion. I think everyone learns more when ideas can be processed, wrestled with, and pushed on. Please jump in and comment on the content here. If you agree, encourage me and say so. If you disagree, push back. If you’re not sure, share your thoughts or ask a question. Please do so respectfully and thoughtfully, as I do reserve the right to delete comments that I think “cross the line.”
My Top Posts
If you are new to the site, you might want to start with my most popular posts. Here are my top posts in each category that I blog in:
- 10 Questions You Should ask Your Spouse on Your Next Date Night
- 18 Things Every Husband Should know about His Wife
- 11 Ways to Know You’ve Settled for a Mediocre Marriage
- The One Thing Destroying Your Marriage That You Don’t Realize
- 7 Reasons You Aren’t Communicating with your Spouse
- 7 Ways to Fight Well in Your Marriage
- How I Structure my Week
- Slowing Down as a Leader
- What the Most Productive People Do
- 5 Things Productive People do in the Morning
- 4 Things Healthy Leaders Do
- 11 Questions Every Pastor Should ask Themselves
- Being a Pastor’s Wife
- How to Survive Monday as a Pastor
- How to Grow as a Leader as Your Church Grows
- 10 Things Worship Leaders Need to Know
Personal Health & Fitness
- How I Lost 130 Pounds in 18 months (and Kept it Off)
- Pastors Can Make the Worst Friends
- I Can’t Sleep
- 6 Ways to Stay Motivated to be Healthy
- Burnout, Sleep, Adrenalin, Sex, and Eating
- 9 Things I learned from Preaching on Homosexuality
- Vague Pastors
- How to Make your Next Sermon Great
- What Pastors Can Learn from TED Talks
- How to Recover from Preaching
I am married to an incredibly beautiful woman, Katie (follow her on twitter @KatieReich), and we have 5 kids, 4 boys and a girl, (thankfully our daughter looks more like her mom everyday).
I have a B.S. in Pastoral Leadership from Lancaster Bible College and an M.Div. in Organizational/Missional Leadership from Biblical Seminary. In addition to writing here, some of my writing also appears at The Blog of Manly and Church Leaders.
I am a passionate Steelers fan and I read like it is going out of style (secretly I always wish I would have bought stock in Amazon because I keep them in business). If you’d like to see what I’m reading now or just got done reading, go here.
I am a coffee nut (thanks to my wife), which means you can usually find me at a local coffee shop either reading or having a meeting. If you want to buy me a cup of coffee, make sure it is a good cup of black coffee (I know, plain and boring!)
My Contact Information
Everything here is my personal opinion and nothing more. It is not approved by someone before appearing.